Connect with us

News

2023 Salary Negotiation Update

Published

on

The labour unions commenced negotiations with the government for an increased in salary base pay. Several meetings have been held but a consensus has not been reach as the Labour Unions are demanding about 50-60% of base pay increase whiles the government is offering 15% increase in base pay in addition to the already 15% Cost of Living Allowances(COLA) introduced making it 30%.

This offer from the government did not go down well with the Labour Unions as they claim inflation stood over 50%. Government later increased it’s offer from 15% to 18% but Labour Unions still remained firm with the justification of high inflation on essential goods and services.

A meeting was held today, Tuesday 10th of January 2023 to continue the base pay negotiations for 2023 and this is the outcome :
Government added 3% to it’s previous proposal of 18% bringing the increment to 21% edging organised labour to accept the 21% so that COLA(15%) will not be removed and that makes the total increment 36%.

But organize labour requested for 36% direct increment without the COLA, arguing that the COLA can be taken off at anytime leaving workers with 21%.

Hence the meeting has been adjourned to tomorrow for a hopeful Verdict.

READ ALSO  Video:"Find Jesus and leave me alone" - Hank Anuku finally breaks silence
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

x