Connect with us

News

Christian Atsu didn’t make it alive, let’s painfully accept it – Bongo Ideas

Published

on

Controversial Ghanaian blogger, Bongo Ideas has asked Ghanaians to ignore reports that former Black Stars player Christian Atsu has been rescued alive from the rubble.

According to him, the Hatayspor star will not make it alive 3 days under the rubble without food nor water.

After the earthquake, Bongo held the view that Christian Atsu can’t make it alive 3 days under the rubble and he sounded bold about his negative feelings.

In a tweet on Wednesday, Bongo Ideas said “We can all painfully accept that Christian Atsu did not make it. Surviving under rubble for 3 days is almost impossible. At this point, it’s over!”

Meanwhile, Hatayspor club’s vice president, Mustafa Ozat, had earlier confirmed Atsu’s rescue and stated that he had sustained injuries. However, the whereabouts of the Ghanaian winger is still unknown.

Also,

Ghana’s ambassador to Turkey, Mrs Francisca Ashitey-Odunton, announced that rescue efforts were underway to find Ghanaians affected by the earthquake in Turkey.

The ambassador also disclosed that the whereabouts of Black Stars player Christian Atsu is still not known.

According to her, the Ghanaian embassy in Turkey is “yet to establish contact with Christian Atsu because of the confusion around, but we know he’s been pulled out of the rubble and sent to the hospital.”

She, however, assured Ghanaians that efforts are underway to find the player.

“But we don’t know which particular hospital he’s been sent to. We’re working with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in locating his hospital and the ministry has assured me that they’ll find him,” she said.

READ ALSO  Just In: Another African Country Approves LGBTQ+ Quest, Details Drop

She also indicated that her outfit is working on finding all Ghanaians who were affected by the quake.

The ambassador said: “What we’re doing is that we together with the Ghanaian community are getting Ghanaians who are stranded in Istanbul and Ankara.

“I must say members of the Ghanaian community have been very accommodating.”

More than 8,700 people are known to have been killed in Turkey and Syria following Monday’s earthquake.

The death toll in Turkey has risen to 6,234, according to the country’s disaster agency.

It is difficult to verify the number in Syria, but its state media and a rescue group say more than 2,500 people have been killed.

A total of 1,250 people have died in the government-held region, said the Syrian health minister.

The White Helmet, which operates in the rebel-controlled area, say the death toll has risen to more than 1,280.

 

 

Trending

x