Connect with us


“Is wee okro?”- Gospel singer replies police over late brother’s report



The family of Shadrach Arloo has rejected the autopsy results from the police which claimed that the 32- year-old man died from asphyxiation.

According to the police, an autopsy conducted on the deceased in the presence of his family members confirmed he died from medical causes, as the pathologist retrieved from his throat, eight zipped bags containing dry leaves suspected to be narcotic drugs tied in a piece of black polythene bag.

The retrieved substances, according to the police, tested positive for cannabis when submitted for forensic examination in the presence of all the witnesses from the family of the deceased.

But the sister of the deceased, Ms Perpetual Didier, has rejected the report.

Speaking to Class News’ Nasaria Abdul Rahman in an interview, she said the police conducted the autopsy against the wish of the family and are, therefore, demanding an independent autopsy.

Ms Didier explained: “The time they [police] gave us yesterday [Tuesday, 7 Feb] was too early so my doctor couldn’t come; the police gave us a different doctor, my doctor could come on Wednesday [8 Feb], but the police were insisting and I was not around, so, one of the family members called me and I told her that she should insist the family does not agree, so, they should wait for our doctor”.

“They said he swallowed rubber with weed… but they could have opened his mouth and placed the rubber with weed in his throat when they brought him from West Hills Mall because they can do it; they can push it down his throat. If it was in his stomach, that means he swallowed it himself but if they are saying it is in his throat, that means somebody could have put it in there.”

READ ALSO  Pls release the suspect, I'm not sure my phone was stolen - Meek Mill

Ms Didier said the family is rejecting the autopsy report from the police and going to demand a new autopsy.

She stated that they are demanding video evidence of how everything happened that led to her brother’s death.

“We want the West Hills Mall to provide us videos of all that happened: how my brother entered the mall, how the police contacted him, how the police tried to bully him, they should show us evidence of when he was swallowing that rubber…we believe somebody forced the thing down his throat because the corpse was not with the family, so, someone could sneak inside the morgue and put that thing in his throat,” she said.

“We are against the police but our brother’s body was with the police, how?” she quizzed.

In her view, “something fishy is going on and they [police] must provide us [with] video evidence of when he was swallowing. If someone can swallow a rubber with eight bags of weed, they will tell us. We want to see real evidence and not what the doctor is saying because the doctor is from the police.”



The Police, on 30th January 2023, started investigations into the circumstances surrounding the death of one Shadrach Arloo at the West Hills Mall in Accra.

The Police issued a press statement on the same day, which notified the public that investigations into the matter had begun.

The Police Professional Standards Bureau (PPSB) contacted Madam Perpetual Didier, sister of the deceased, who had alleged in a viral video, that her brother’s death was caused by a Police Officer who had manhandled him at the West Hills Mall.

READ ALSO  One arrested over killing of policeman; accomplices on the run

Initial investigations led to the arrest of Osei Kwame Boafo, a private security guard at the West Hills Mall who was alleged to have used a taser on the deceased during his arrest.

Police Statements taken from witnesses at the scene of the incident, including some private security guards at the mall, and the arresting Police officer revealed that the deceased had resisted arrest by the Police Officer who was being assisted by the private security guards. The narrative of the events, as gathered by the police, indicated that during the course of the arrest, the deceased pulled out a substance from his bag, which he quickly swallowed before anyone could stop him. He became unconscious shortly afterwards and was taken to the Sonotech clinic for medical attention but was pronounced dead on arrival.

As part of the investigation process, on 3rd February 2023, the Police Pathologist held a meeting with interested parties in the case to explain the post-mortem examination to them. Present from the deceased side were Madam Dorcas Toffey (Hon. MP, Jomoro), Mr Kofi Armah Buah (Hon. MP, Ellembele), Mr Francis-Xavier Kojo Sosu (Hon. MP, Madina) Mr Amo Blay and Madam Ama Cobbina. Mr Alfred Osei Boafo was also present for the accused person, Osei Kwame Boafo.

At the meeting, the parties were given the option to have the post-mortem examination conducted by a pathologist of their choice, but they all agreed that the Police Pathologist should conduct the examination.

On 7th February 2023, a post-mortem examination was conducted on the deceased’s body in the presence of Alfred Boafo, father of the accused, Dr Rosana Polinicio Segborwortso Pathologist of GA East Municipal hospital representing the accused, Mr Francis-Xavier Sosu lawyer for the deceased, Louis Melabah Edeafor, uncle of the deceased, Isaac Anim Anno, father of the deceased and Anna Cobbina sister of the deceased.

READ ALSO  Military reportedly storm Ashaiman after soldier was killed

The pathologist gave the verbal cause of death as asphyxiation and obstruction of the airway by a foreign body. He also retrieved from the throat of the deceased, eight (8) zipped bags containing dry leaves suspected to be narcotic drugs tied in a piece of black polythene. The retrieved, suspected narcotic substances tested positive for cannabis when submitted for forensic examination, in the presence of all the interested parties.

In view of the outcome of the post-mortem examination, the case docket is being forwarded to the attorney general’s office for study and advice to determine further Police action.

We would like to put on record that from the very beginning of this incident, the Police have involved all interested parties in the investigation process.

It is therefore a matter of regret and great dismay and we dare say un-Ghanaian that people who had all the information on the matter, would behave as though they had no idea of actions that were being taken by the police in respect of the case.

We would like to urge the general public to exercise restraint and patience with matters that are under police investigation in order not to worsen the pain of those who are directly affected by such incidents.